Okay so techhhhhnically this isn’t baking, but it’s one of my faves, is super easy to make and you can customise it with whatever you fancy! I like choosing ingredients my husband wouldn’t like….
This is my slightly adapted version of a BBC good food recipe, found here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-rocky-road%3famp
I did not create this recipe 🙂
For this absolute delight, you will need…
A brownie baking tin, about 18cm
Extra margarine/butter for greasing
A rolling pin/something to bash ya biscuits with
200g digestive biscuits
3 tbsp golden syrup (or more if you’re feeling decadent!)
100g marshmallows (mini or chopped up regular sized ones)
200g dark chocolate (70% works perfectly)
I also sometimes love to add:
x2 26g individual bars of Crunchie
a handful of chopped nuts
a handful of raisins (a. they add some extra chew, and b. then I can kid myself that this is a healthy treat…surely a handful of raisins = 1 of your 5 a day???)
Here’s the process!
- Grease and line the baking tin with some baking paper.
- Melt the butter/margarine, dark chocolate and golden syrup in a big saucepan. Make sure you keep stirring until it has all melted. Set aside.
- Put the digestives in a bowl/freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have a variety of sizes.
- Add your extra ingredients (if you want any!) to the crushed biscuits. On this particular occasion I opted for Crunchie bars, which I chopped up into chunks.
- Tip the biscuity mixture into the chocolatey saucepan, and stir so everything is covered.
- Tip the mixture into you lined tin. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours minimum…and enjoy!
This is my fave recipe for Rocky Road, I just love how adaptable it is!
I will be enjoying a slice of this tonight, with a decaf in my new Emma Bridgewater mug (see my last blog for a pic of this beauty!), whilst watching the Great British Bake Off!
Let me know what your go-to Autumn treat is, I’d love to hear what you enjoy making! Plus I’m really keen to bake something pumpkin-y this Autumn, so let me know if you have any suggestions!!
Thank you for reading, see you in my next blog!
Eliza Kate xxx